Reduce Oklahoma businesses’ vulnerability to frivolous lawsuits and remove legal threats and obstacles to legitimate business operations through legal justice and lawsuit reform.
2023 Policy Positions
- Support adding disclosure and/or other reforms (e.g.interest rate caps or loan limits) of third-party litigation funding (TPLF) to the state’s existing statute.
- Support protection of businesses from liability when cybersecurity attacks and data beaches occur by providing an affirmative defense to businesses with security controls in place.
- Support an employer liability shield for an employer, general contractor, premises owner, or other third party solely for hiring an employee or independent contractor with a criminal conviction.
- Support pro-business lawsuit reforms and oppose legislation that would expand liability.
- Support Oklahoma mirroring the dismissal statute to conform to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Support reasonable guardrails on litigation advertising.
- Support increased transparency in Oklahoma’s Appellate Courts.
Staff & Committee Contacts
Vice President of
Chief Legal and Administrative Officer
Lagoon Water Midstream
The Legal Center, a program of The State Chamber Research Foundation, is geared toward researching policy implications surrounding the third branch of government.
Joining a Committee
State Chamber members are invited to join one or more of our committees and be a part of helping shape our policy agenda. Using the link below, you can fill out a committee application form.
About the State Chamber
What is the State Chamber?
Established in 1926, The State Chamber is a statewide membership organization. Our purpose is to be the unified voice of business and the most effective advocacy organization at the State Capitol. Every day, The State Chamber fights for Oklahoma’s future by defending the right of every business to thrive.
What is the State Chamber Research Foundation?
General Contact Information
P O Box 53217 | Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3217
330 NE 10th Street | Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Note: We cannot receive mail at our physical address, so please send all correspondence to the PO Box shown above
(405) 235-3669 Phone | (405) 235-3670 Fax
Why become a member?
The State Chamber of Oklahoma is a powerful force in advancing policies that benefit Oklahoma and its business community. When you join the State Chamber, you gain a strong partner and advocate at the State Capitol.
Membership offers opportunities for networking with businesses and policymakers influencing issues affecting your company. In addition, the State Chamber is the only entity that advocates for companies across the entire state.