Ensure Oklahoma employers are competing on a level playing field with other states when it comes to the laws and regulations they have to comply with, particularly in the area of employment law.
2022 Policy Positions
- Support modernization of the workers’ compensation residual market.
- Work to enhance and protect Oklahoma’s Administrative Workers’ Compensation System.
- Defend legal and legislative attacks against the statutes contained in 85A – Workers’ Compensation.
- Support legislation to address adverse actions taken by the Oklahoma Supreme Court against statutory provisions in Title 85A – Workers’ Compensation.
- Defend legal attacks against Title 85A.
- Support reforms to Oklahoma’s unemployment benefits system.
- Oppose expansion of state and federal mandates on employers.
- Oppose lowering the small business exemption to below 50.
- Oppose efforts that would interfere with an employer’s and employee’s freedom to contract.
- Preserve the provisions of safety sensitive jobs as it relates to the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act.
- Support business protections and property owners’ right regarding possession of weapons.
- Oppose actions to limit employers ability to set their own workplace vaccination policy.
- Recruitment incentives to support hard to fill vacancies.
- Oppose Efforts to interfere with employer’s ability to negotiate benefits plans for employees.
- Oppose new state and federal mandated private health insurance benefits that would raise costs to businesses attempting to provide quality health insurance benefits until such a time as an independent cost/benefit analysis accompanies and justifies any proposed health insurance benefit mandate.
Staff & Committee Contacts
Employers in Action, a coalition of HR and employment professionals led by The State Chamber, will provide you the opportunity to interact with elected officials and keep you up to date on the latest issues impacting your bottom line. As a member of the non-partisan coalition, we need your expertise and real-world experience to ensure policies introduced at the State Capitol help instead of harm your business.
Joining a Committee
State Chamber members are invited to join one or more of our committees and be a part of helping shape our policy agenda. Using the link below, you can fill out a committee application form.
Got a question? No problem.
About the State Chamber
Established in 1926, The State Chamber is a statewide membership organization. Our purpose is to be the unified voice of business and the most effective advocacy organization at the State Capitol. Every day, The State Chamber fights for Oklahoma’s future by defending the right of every business to thrive.
P O Box 53217 | Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3217
330 NE 10th Street | Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Note: We cannot receive mail at our physical address, so please send all correspondence to the PO Box shown above
(405) 235-3669 Phone | (405) 235-3670 Fax
The State Chamber of Oklahoma is a powerful force in advancing policies that benefit Oklahoma and its business community. When you join the State Chamber, you gain a strong partner and advocate at the State Capitol.
Membership offers opportunities for networking with businesses and policymakers influencing issues affecting your company. In addition, the State Chamber is the only entity that advocates for companies across the entire state.