Monitor and analyze tax and economic development issues and legislation and their impact on Oklahoma businesses.
2022 Policy Positions
- Support transparency, accountability and efficiency in government contracts by ensuring that contracts are awarded based on criteria related to qualifications and expertise and on a competitive basis.
- Ensure government does not use public funds to offer commercial services directly competing against private industry.
- Support the expansion of public/private partnerships.
- Oppose redirection of fees and funds derived for specific purposes to general revenue.
- Support reforms to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Quality Jobs programs in Oklahoma.
- Support efforts to increase the number of health care providers and services in Oklahoma in order to reduce gaps throughout the system.
- Support expansion and continued development of the state’s bioscience and research programs and attract new funding opportunities.
- Protect, expand, and identify valuable economic development incentives. Including but not limited to the following areas/programs: Automotive assembly and supply chain, manufacturing, Governor’s Quick Action Closing Fund, Home Office Tax Credit, Tax Increment Financing, current structure of Business Improvement Districts, Ad Valorem Manufacturing Exemption.
- Support tax policy that encourages business growth and oppose tax policy that is harmful to business.
- Support a tax structure for all energy development that protects existing investment and promotes new capital investment in Oklahoma.
- Support economic development strategies benefitting business and industries advanced technologies, new product development, market diversification, entrepreneurship and seed capital.
- Support strategies that address education, job training, placement and stability for justice involved individuals and incentivize second chance employers.
Staff & Committee Contacts
Joining a Committee
State Chamber members are invited to join one or more of our committees and be a part of helping shape our policy agenda. Using the link below, you can fill out a committee application form.
Got a question? No problem.
About the State Chamber
Established in 1926, The State Chamber is a statewide membership organization. Our purpose is to be the unified voice of business and the most effective advocacy organization at the State Capitol. Every day, The State Chamber fights for Oklahoma’s future by defending the right of every business to thrive.
P O Box 53217 | Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3217
330 NE 10th Street | Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Note: We cannot receive mail at our physical address, so please send all correspondence to the PO Box shown above
(405) 235-3669 Phone | (405) 235-3670 Fax
The State Chamber of Oklahoma is a powerful force in advancing policies that benefit Oklahoma and its business community. When you join the State Chamber, you gain a strong partner and advocate at the State Capitol.
Membership offers opportunities for networking with businesses and policymakers influencing issues affecting your company. In addition, the State Chamber is the only entity that advocates for companies across the entire state.